March 2026
Happy Birthday, Juno!
March has been posted a little late. I have been mentally, emotionally, and physically burned out to the point where I have had no time or energy to sit and write this blog post until now. Thank you for your patience.
This month marks Juno's 2nd birthday 🎂
Comedy CHurch:
We went to Wise Guys for our very first time and decided to see a show called Comedy Church. It was pretty funny; however, a lot of the jokes are very much based around those who have freshly left religion and possibly harbor unhealed resentment. In other words, it's jokes that we've heard before and are kind of past that stage. The unique part of it all is that each comedian was from a different religious background, so at least we had a tasteful variety. Two different comedians sang songs that they made up for their acts, and those were by far the best parts of the show. I was also super impressed that the food and drinks are so cheap! Usually, places will charge up the wall, but they didn't. If there is a comedian we are interested in seeing in the future, then we are for sure coming back.
We finally started our journey of looking at houses last month! We found and toured the CUTEST little perfect home in Midvale. It would be nice not to have to leave our area because we really like it here. The biggest downfall of it all is that the house is priced extremely high compared to what all the houses around it in the neighborhood are worth. We applied for a first-time home-owner's grant and the down-payment assistance program, which caused it to still put it out of our budget by the third year. We don't want to have to refinance every time we can't afford it.
We took a look around at other homes, but the biggest issue is that anything in our budget is in very unsafe and run-down areas of Utah. Or they were very far away from work, and had HOAs, which we want to avoid. For now, we are going to put a pin in the house hunting and give ourselves a year to see where our finances are at.
In the meantime, we found some lovely and affordable little apartments that we want to see if we can move into when our lease is up. It would allow us to have two bedrooms instead of one. This way we can put our gaming computers in the same room along with Juno's bed, and we three can all hang out together. It will also be nice to have our living room be only a living room, and our bedroom be only a bedroom. As bad as I want Juno to have a yard, for now, a bigger home is a start.
Reading:
I dove into Abigail Owens The Liar's Crown series and binged all three books in two weeks! I really loved them! The fantasy romance was just the perfect balance of adventure and spice for me.
I listened to Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield because Emma Watson acts in the movie, and I prefer to read books before I see the live action.
I finished the final books in Michael Scott's Nicholas Flamel series. The ending was unexpected; however, I still didn't find the read up my alley. I just prefer to finish something that I start to be able to base a full opinion on it all.
I started the first book in A Court of Thorns and Roses. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to checking out the next book. I do think that because I read Fourth Wing first, I didn't have as much of a deep-dive, passionate adventure for it as I could have. I feel it would be the same if my reading order were reversed. They are kind of similar in terms of the romantic fantasy adventure genre.
I started the first book in Lightlark by Alex Aster, and it was really good! I'm reading the second book right now. It was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the romantic fantasy adventures that seem to repeat themes.
I have also finally started the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke. It has been on my list since I was a child, and I do think that it DID NOT dissapoint me at all.
Mental Health Status:
Psychiatry/Psychology:
I was able to get my ADHD medication upped, and it has been the perfect balance for me. I'm not too anxious about them, and I can focus just a little bit better than I could before.
I've been pretty stressed out lately. I've been doing my best to try to pay down my debts, but the cycle I find myself in seems to be that I budget and think I can pay a littel more off, and then I shoot myself in the foot because I need to make an unexpected purchase and end up using that card to cover it. So, in other words, I need to budget a little better in the emergency area as well as remind myself that I don't need to bite off more than I can chew. It's getting paid on time, my credit is exceptional, and it will all be okay. I just tend to like to put everything on my plate at once and exhaust myself because my ADHD has an "All or Nothing" mindset sometimes.
I ended up picking up a lot of extra shifts so I could make up for my upcoming surgery. I'll only be making $300 a week on short-term disability, so it has me very stressed out right now. Sheldon says we will be okay, but he's supposed to say that; he's a loving and reassuring husband. I'm just a stubborn, independent gremlin that doesn't like to ask for help because it will burden others. (You can tell me that's not true, but I'm not going to believe it because it's my stubborn black and white thinking to come to terms with.)
My sister has been having several signs of her end-stage liver failure. It started with her having hallucinations again. It's rough because she has a lot of PTSD when it comes to men in her life, so now loved ones are being affected by it. We don't want to scare and disorient her by arguing with her that her hallucinations are not real, but we also don't want her to think that her loved ones are mean to her.
She also gained a lot of her memories back and has been having phases of not wanting pain medication because she doesn't feel any pain until it whiplashes, and she does again. Her gaining her memories back is giving her adhrenelaine but it's slowly declining again, and it's very hard to watch.
In January, they told us she would be lucky to make it to three months, so it's around that time... Shes back to not looking physically well, and it's really hard to lie to her and talk about the future with her because it causes me to gaslight myself into having hope and believing it myself.
I'm being a lot more sentimental when it comes to family, though. I think it's a little healing for me when my nieces and nephews want to spend time with me.
Physical Health Status:
I'm so tired of having a pap smear every 6 months followed by a Colposcopy. Hopefully, this is my final one because the test results came back as "Stage 2 Pre-Cancer."
Because I'm already going into surgery for my Laparoscopy, they will also be performing a LEEP to get rid of those pre-cancer cells, and I hope it helps out.
My cervix has moved to the right little by little, and this time I was told that it's all the way to the right now. This is a sign of endometriosis. It can move your inner parts over. I'm not looking forward to the pain of healing. I'm a big baby when it comes to my physical pain tolerance vs my emotional and mental pain.
However, I am glad that I am having a surgeon that specailizes in Endometriosis, so I trust that he knows what he is doing. I also am excited to have my fibroid and cysts removed as well because those are other parts of my pain that I have been struggling to handle.
6-Week Lasik Follow-Up:
I'm waiting for them to tell me when it's filled, but they are having a special compound eye-drop being manufactured for me. It is not covered by insurance, so "yay finances," but it's supposed to help speed up the healing process.
1 in 1700 LASIK patients seem to develop this issue, and I happened to be that lucky one. Why can't it be this way when it comes to the lottery? Oh well, I'm just glad that it's being taken care of. They said it can take up to 8 months to heal. They may put in a vision correction lens and do a touch-up in a year, but we will see how it heals. I have another follow-up appointment in three weeks.
Final Thoughts:
I hope I didn't rush out any details by writing this so late. I think I basically covered everything that I remember, and that's on my calendar for last month. I'm really thankful to the friends and family who have given me support, while also giving me space, because they understand that I tend to be introverted thanks to my PTSD. I don't really know what else to say other than thank you for sticking around with my accident-prone, emotionally unhinged, forgetful, and random quirkiness self.