September 2025

    Blessed Mabon and Late Lughnasadh


    At the start of August is when Lugnasadh is celebrated; however, I was so busy with the final stretch of the wedding that I didn't have time or energy to think about celebrating. 
What is Lugnasadh? Well, it's the celebration of the harvest festival! The god Lugh was a popular sun god worshiped throughout the Celtic world. He blesses us with the first harvest of fruits on August 1st! You can leave offerings to Lugh through grains, fruits, and flowers. You can celebrate by baking a loaf of bread, visiting a farmers' market to get fresh fruit, and hosting a supper with loved ones. Some people also make corn husk dolls around this time of year.

Moving on to Mabon, this holiday is celebrated on September 22. It is the celebration of the Autumn equinox, where we honor the balance of both day and night by giving thanks for the second harvest and preparing for the coming of darkness. The main focus of this holiday is reflection, decluttering, and releasing what no longer serves us. Afterwards, you can gather loved ones together to celebrate with a feast consisting of apples and nuts while also performing gratitude rituals and spending time together in nature. It's the perfect time to honor balance, gratitude, and transition.


Adventures!

Morning Walks:

I've been trying to get back into the habit of taking Juno on our 2-mile trail walks at sunrise on my days off. I haven't been able to be consistent with every day, but it's a work in progress. I am also excited that my work schedule has changed, so after a year and a half of not having a shared day off with Sheldon, we can now have Sundays off to take Juno to the dog park or do any dates that we've been wanting to without having to have it be an eventing plan. 




Poor Bubbah also had to go to the vet this month. His left eye kept getting green eye goop all day long, followed by squinting a lot, and he had some random tear staining happening. They deemed it as conjunctivitis and gave us some steroid eye drops to help with the swelling. He might have scratched his eye, but they didn't find any scratches with the stain test. 

Something else I took the time to do this month was to take advantage of the free employee certification classes offered at my job. I am now certified in Cat & Dog First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogen Training, and Adult, Child, and Baby CPR/First Aid certification as well! 

The Musical Comedy Murders of 1940:

  I always wanted to see a play at Hale Center Theater due to us living so close to it, and never having been. The play we chose was a comedic play that took place in the 1940s, where a cast of people came together to perform a play. The twist was that someone was a murderer, and they didn't know who or why. 

It was a very unique play. I really liked that they cast the coloring of the stage and actors with black and white to make it feel like you were watching an old-time movie. The actors also did a really good job! Personally, it didn't get very funny until the second act, but maybe it's just my level of humor. They did a really neat concept where the Narrator was writing this play during the play, and he would jump in and help the cast out a little bit to make the story how he wanted. I thought that was a very unique concept. 

Lagoon:

  We were fortunate enough to get tickets for my Union's Lagoon Day, on the last Saturday of this month. We only go every couple of years, so it was nice to have a chance to enjoy some theme park rides. It was their Frightmares theme for the year, meaning some of the employees were dressed up in makeup and outfits while haunted houses and candy mazes were open throughout the park. 

I'm not a big spooky or horror person, so we didn't go through any of those. We stuck to our rollercoaster rides and made our way around the park. I didn't get to go on everything that I wanted to, but it's okay. The older I get, the more exhausted I feel after being outside for hours on end. Some exhaustion comes with the adrenaline rush of amusement rides. 

We did get to check out their "new" 3D roller coaster, which was neat! I say "new" because it came out in 2023, and we just haven't been able to experience it yet. The coaster has some laser guns and a scoreboard in front of each seat. To get on and off the carts, have a conveyor belt that doesn't stop moving, so you have to be a little quick when boarding and unboarding the ride. They also give you glasses, which luckily fit right over mine. I thought it was pretty fun; some unexpected drops on the coaster added to the experience. It's called Primordial. (Cannibal is still my favorite coaster there, though!). 

They also took out the Cliffhanger ride and made a whole steampunk-themed section called The District that they just put in this year. There were small kiddy helicopters in a steampunk theme. The Time Tinker ride was probably my favorite. It looks like a big clock, and you get seated to move forward and backwards so it feels like you'd hit the other seats, but you don't because it's timed well. I forgot to take pictures, but this is what it looks like from my Google search. 


I'm calling it a Tiny Cliffhanger, but they basically made a smaller version of the ride, without the water fountain. It was still fun, but not as fun as getting wet on the Cliffhanger in my opinion. That ride was always down for maintenance, though, so I understand finally getting rid of it. 
Here is another photo I found on Google of the ride since I didn't take any photos. 




Language Learning:

  I am on day 361 of Duolingo!  

Gaming:

I've been playing more Deadzone: Rogue with Sheldon, but my attention span just hasn't really been focused on gaming a lot lately. 

Reading:

I have been making my way through The Series of Unfortunate Events books. I started them in the Third Grade and never finished them, so it's been a goal to get through the series. I'm on book 10 of 13, and I'm interested to see how it ends, so NO SPOILERS PLEASE! 

I also finished the final book in the Mortal Instruments series, and I really enjoyed it! I also super enjoyed a book called The Bones Beneath My Skin by T.J. Klune. 

Anime/K-Dramas:

I  am back to making my way through the Studio Ghibli movies! As well as I finished the Thai version of Boys over Flowers. For those who know my K-Drama obsession, I'm a sucker for the stupid romance themes. I really enjoy taking one series and watching all the versions and interpretations of it. For example, Most dramas are from webtoon stories. So then they get adapted into a live-action drama. China, Korea, and Japan all tend to take these Webtoons and make a live action, and they are all very different and similar. So for me, it's fun to take a story I enjoy and see how each country took its own twist on it! 


Mental Health Status:

Psychiatry/Psychology: 

My medication had to be lowered. I was getting way too anxious on my dose of Concert, and so far it's been a lot better, but we will see how it goes. I don't really have a lot to update in this area, other than I've seen and felt a lot of growth lately. I don't have as bad of rejection sensitivity as I used to, and I cannot react so quickly with my PTSD. 
  

 Physical Health Status:

Health Wrap Up:

I had to have another visit to the gynecologist for my 6-month pap and  Colposcopy. The test results still came back abnormal, so I have to continue with this cycle every six months. She did tell me that last time she mentioned seeing cancer cells, she still sees them, but she wants to clarify that it's pre-cancer cells that she isn't worried about. So that gives me some peace of mind, I guess. I still have a lot of pain from my Cysts and uterine fibroids, but she said the birth control "should" help with that over time, and we will also keep monitoring that. 

I'm still going to my physical therapy weekly, and the chiropractor/acupuncturist monthly, so that's going alright. I have noticed a lot of improvement with my physical therapy! I still have my pain, but it's not as chronic when it comes to flare-ups. I had a hard pill to swallow when it came to the fact that my back pain will never fully heal or go away, and it's also possible that my pelvic floor dysfunction won't ever go back to "normal." That discussion sucked, but I kind of already knew that with my back diagnosis anyway. The positive part is that I can keep doing exercises at home when I am in pain or to help prevent the pain from getting worse.  I'm still looking into aqua therapy. I was supposed to start it this month, but I found a location that's closer to home and would be easier for me to commit to. 

Final Thoughts:

I'm a little too lazy to proofread this, so I apologize if some of my sentence structures are worded weirdly. We can just call it Skye spice! Thank you for taking the time to read this month's post! I really appreciate you listening to the brain dump of my month-by-month life babble. 

Popular posts from this blog

February 2026

August 2025